Monday, February 27, 2017

I will win the skillet bet no matter what it takes.


Jeff and I went to breakfast Saturday morning...just the two of us.
We ate at the Waffle Shop...an old diner that looks like Mr. and Mrs. Seinfeld would frequent.

Pink flowers with sea foam green stems painted on the glass partitions.
Mauve booths. White coffee cups that showed my pink lipstick. Clinking dishes.
I loved it there actually...it was a cute little place.



I ordered a malted waffle.
Jeff ordered a skillet...his usual choice.

As we were eating, I told him I should make skillets more often.before work.during the week.

He laughed and said..."Yeah right! You're going to make me a skillet everyday? Ha!"

Now...I wake up with Jeff most mornings. I make his lunch.{Try to} Make breakfast before he leaves.
He's handed a travel mug full of piping hot coffee on his way out the door.

For all my morning efforts..I get semi-mocked and laughed at when I bring up a new idea?

Well....right there in the restaurant we made a bet.
I said I would make Jeff a skillet every morning this week!
I won't go into the details of what we bet...but we shook on it and I plan on winning.

I went all out at the grocery store.
Sunday afternoon I arrogantly confidently shopped for my deluxe skillet ingredients.

This morning he enjoyed a delicious sausage, potato, roasted red and green pepper skillet
topped with melted provolone and fresh ground pepper.

Tomorrow he will be sitting down to a Shitake mushroom skillet with caramelized onions and bacon.

No husband of mine is going to "Ha!" me and then win a bet.
Eat up Jeffrey!!! Eat up!

XxOo


P.S. It was sooooo nice to have a quiet breakfast alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment