Friday, December 16, 2011

Fashion Tip Friday ~

Hello and welcome to Fashion Tip Friday,
where each week I share with you my supreme expertise on how to dress.
What would you do without me?

Happy Friday everyone.
We have sugar cookies baking, a piano playing and cleaning going on in our house right now.
Tonight is a play at our church. The kids will be performing, my sisters and I will be "Directing". =)

So let's get to the tip of the week before adrenaline starts rushing and
my "Hurry, we're going to be late mode" sets in.

Today is about jeans and boots and legwarmers.

Honestly....I am starting to tire of the jeans tucked into a tall boot look.
It's everywhere and kind of getting boring. So what can we do to spruce it up a bit?

Add legwarmers. They really add to the top of boots and tights.

{pulled this photo off my pinterest board}

Pinned Image


Legwarmers over jeans looks really cute too...
especially if the knees of your jeans are a bit stretched and starting to puff out.

Which leads me to a BIG Don't!
DON'T....I repeat Don't! Please don't wear puffy jeans tucked into your boots!
It looks terrible and also enhances the size of your thighs and backside.
(snowboots on a snowy day don't count ;)


Onto my next Don't.
{I think I've mentioned this in previous years, but I will continue to stress it since it's not going away}
....Leggings are NOT pants!

Have a little class ladies. It's rather disturbing to see a woman in tight leggings and a short shirt.
Leggings are to be worn with your bottom covered. Got it? Good.

And just in case you were going to ask....
Yes you can wear tight pants for running and yoga...but that's it! No grocery shopping in them.

{Another pinterest idea....cut the sleeves off of an old sweater to make a pair of legwarmers.}

Pinned Image



Alright. That's all I've got for today.
Busy next couple of days ahead. How about you? Big weekend plans?

Enjoy the last few days before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment