Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fashion Tip Friday ~

Happy last Friday of 2011.
Wow, I can't believe it's going to be 2012 in just two days. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

I was planning to write about the classic white button up shirt we should all own, but I've decided to hold off for today.

Instead...I'm going to share something my neighbor and friend wrote and sent to me a couple of weeks ago.
It's more of an interior fashion tip. ;)

"My" Perfect World.Written by my friend (and next door neighbor) Angela who always keeps a very clean house.
So when you read the bit about her floors being sticky, know it's a lie. ;)
So having said that...enjoy. =)


In my perfect world, the doorbell wouldn't’t ring during naptime, the dog wouldn't’t shed, the floor wouldn't’t be sticky, the kids would listen the FIRST time and joyfully say “thank you” and “I’m sorry”, convenience food would be healthy and affordable, my toilet wouldn't’t smell like pee or something I cannot identify, my laundry would be clean and PUT AWAY, eating sweets wouldn’t leave me bloated and feeling chubby, coffee all day would be good for me, prayers would come easy and loving one another wouldn’t be a struggle, I would always be in the “mood” to be a wife, I wouldn’t fear the fast aging of my children or myself, embracing each moment would come naturally, I wouldn’t need to wear makeup and my hair would always look good, everyone would have clean socks without holes in them and getting ready for church wouldn’t be a chore.
Boy, could I go on and on about MY perfect world. The fact is, my world is perfect, just the way it is. It’s me that needs the work. I’m the one that makes my world imperfect in so many ways. See, it’s these little daily things that drive me INSANE to say the least. Things that I cannot control but I can change how I handle them. I always hear “I need more ME time”…. That’s the last thing I need. I need to learn how to handle my “perfect” world and truly love and enjoy each moment. If I’m not in “my world” how can I learn that? Don’t get me wrong, I love going for coffee w/ my husband or a dear friend…getting to do something special like that is a real treat. Running from my day won’t leave me refreshed; it will just make me hate it more. Now that I got that off my chest, time to go make some laundry soap and finish the never ending loads of laundry that somehow appeared over the weekend! Go, embrace your messy, sticky, stinky house and kiss your husband and eat that cookie. Then, go for a walk and take a deep breath, refresh yourself with prayer at Jesus’ feet and start each new day with a smile.

Thank You Angela!


I think Saturday I'll pull out my New Years wear. Nothing says Happy New Years like silver glitter! =)

I posted this picture last year, I know, but it's just too good not to share!....this used to be my grandmother's outfit.
It was a very expensive gift given to her by my grandpa... purchased from a boutique in Chicago.

She wore it for fancy occasions in the 1970's.
Now her (most Favorite if I may add ;) granddaughter wears it on New Years Eve!

New Years Outfit!


We're going to my parent's house New Year's Eve. Sunday Jeff's family is coming over for dinner.
How about you? Big plans?

Have a Fabulous Weekend and a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment