Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Flattery is not always a bad thing.


Last Thursday I was out shopping with my mom and 15 years-younger-than-me sister Gianna.
The lady at the store checking us out - okay, I'm sort of stretching the truth here.
We were shopping, but this story actually takes place at Taco Bell in between stores. But since I am always promoting health food and telling everyone how bad gmos and hydrogenated oils and msg is and how I make everything from scratch (which I mostly do)......
I really didn't want to mention the Taco Smell part.

But you see...every once in a while a Baja Chalupa sounds really good.
Which was the case this particular day.

Sorry about the semi-lie...but I came clean! Phew...I feel better getting that off my chest.
Okay, moving on.

So the lady comes up to the counter at TACO BELL :) to take our order and says...Ready for this?

"Oh..mother daughter?"
I felt so bad for Gianna...I didn't think she looked old enough to be my mother.
I told the lady this..she didn't catch my sarcasm.

Not So Nice Lady at the Counter : "I meant you were the mother."
"Super Young" Looking Me: "I know, I was just joking."

Gianna is I think five foot two or three inches tall.
Obviously she mistook her for my above average in height seven year old daughter instead of a young lady in her twenties.

{I also may have mentioned to Gianna once she has children I will not be going out with her for fear of being mistaken as my niece's and nephew's grandmother! Youch!}


Key points of this post?

1. Don't assume just because someone is shorter that they are seven.
2. It's okay to flatter. Telling women how young they look is not the bad flattery the bible talks about.
3. A chalupa from Taco Bell is not only bad for you physically but also your ego. Don't eat Taco Bell.

Happy Tuesday.
XxOO

11 comments:

  1. LOL. No, you do not look like your sister's mom, what is that lady thinking? Must be all those Taco Bell fumes going to her head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a post two days in a row!! :)

    And oh my goodness, you are a fantastic story teller! I laughed out loud through this whole post, which is a big compliment. :) And for the record - you do NOT look like her mother!! Ditto to what Jenny said - those Taco Bell fumes & gmo's and msg going to her head! ha!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! Next time, lower your voice a little, act like you are telling a big secret and say, "Actually, this is my granddaughter." How funny would that be to see the look on that person's face!

    I promise I will not tell anyone that you went to Taco Bell. I don't want your reputation to be ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha you are so hilarious.
    just like i'm tempted to "like" all of your grandpa's comments on fb... just to egg him on. i'm also thinking that whole taco bell secret just might be something that could slip out. accidently.

    my family will be shocked. ;)

    because the jelly belly rec was so healthy and natural. and we were so grateful.

    the lady at taco bell is probably The Farmer's age. Myron really needs glasses... but in our case I think it's working in my favor. I've teased him about not getting an eye exam because I look better this way. he even likes my freckles he says. (it's really bad sun damage babe.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, that semi-lie of yours?
    you can call it a semi-truth.
    gives it a positive spin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! lol

    That is terrible! Oh dear me! That happened with Marianna with her sister too! Marianna is the tallest sister so that may have something to do with it? Me thinks there are some rather unobservant extremely insensitive folks out there. Scary. They are amongst us! : O

    Between artificial sweetener infected brains and everything else...there ya go.

    Have a sweet evening, glad your family was having a fun day!









    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL
    If you're fifteen years older than her you truly are old enough to be her mother, you know! But really you do NOT look old enough to be.

    Great post, made me laugh as I wait for my tomato sauce to process!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL
    If you're fifteen years older than her you truly are old enough to be her mother, you know! But really you do NOT look old enough to be.

    Great post, made me laugh as I wait for my tomato sauce to process!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to add in all my Italian talkiness... I talked with Marianna telling her what happened since you both have had this incident... and she said this happened once with her OLDER sister, Lea not just the youngest sister! The only redeeming factor is Lea is the shortest at 5'2"...It's got to be that height thing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to add in all my Italian talkiness... I talked with Marianna telling her what happened since you both have had this incident... and she said this happened once with her OLDER sister, Lea not just the youngest sister! The only redeeming factor is Lea is the shortest at 5'2"...It's got to be that height thing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, one more thing. Here is Marianna's blog if you want to see her with her sisters, I know this is random but you may see another Italian "taller sister" kindred spirit of sorts. The Feb.3. entry shows her with sisters. : ) Her blog: http://mariannarose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete