Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Christmas tree went up in flames.




It feels like I am finally entering back into the land of the living.
I still get sick at night but I feel so much better than I have for the past couple of months.
"Hey Mom, you're awake a lot more"....each of my kids has told me separately.
I'm glad they noticed I was missing...and back again.

I've been catching up on things like deep cleaning and actually cooking normal meals!
I'm not exactly sure what my family ate through the months of February and March...
...but they're all alive and seem pretty healthy. ;)

Today is gorgeous! The nicest day we've had since last fall.
Windows are open. We cancelled school.
Instead of Presidents Day, Columbus Day..etc, we take off beautiful days in spring.

My boys have been outside working all day. We finally burned our Christmas tree. Ha!
We also took our Christmas lights down from the house...I know, I know.
Don't judge....things have been a little disorganized around here.



{My first "flowers handed to me by a child" of the season...}



I don't think I've ever dreamed of summer more than this year.  I can't wait.

I have a roast and carrots and potatoes in the oven.
Biscuits need to be mixed and baked, so here ends my blog for the day.

A song  for your afternoon.
XxOo

10 comments:

  1. Aww!!! Soooo glad you're starting to feel better.
    And, I'm just so happy you are having a baby!!! So excited for you!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're perking up. We burn our tree, too, but haven't yet this spring. Happy days to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that relief when you start feeling a little more normal! Pregnancy certainly affects the whole family. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just leave those lights up, before you know it you'll have to put them back. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better! Those can be some very long days and weeks when you feel bad. I know from experience!! But it's so worth it for that precious little baby growing inside... ♥
    And I'm happy that spring is coming to your part of the world! Warm weather does wonders for the spirit, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Love the song! 2. Sooo not judging, the beginning of my pregnancies leave me so very exhausted and nauseous that I am never quite sure how or what anyone is being fed. 3. Being able to open the windows is my absolute favorite. 4. Enjoy this time of feeling renewed and refreshed, that dinner sounds yummy! xo -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling perfectly healthy, and our Christmas tree was dragged to the burn pile late last night. ;) Been wondering how you are feeling. It seems forever when you are in the middle of it. So glad it has changed for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are feeling better.

    yay, for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your feeling better. We just burned our Christmas tree as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete