Monday, May 11, 2015
4 reasons we like him in our bed/ 4 questions answered concerning it.
We like him in our bed because....
1. It feels safer. I know he's breathing, sleeping, waking, dreaming....etc.
2. He sleeps soundly by my side. If he's with me, he sleeps as long as I sleep.
I have never been "up all night with a screaming baby".
3. It's easier to nurse him at 2 am..I don't have to leave my bed.
4. He's just SO cute and cuddly! I love having him next to me.
Especially first thing when he has those happy morning eyes.
Questions people have asked.....
1. Aren't you scared of rolling onto him?
Nope. We sort of just know he's there. Instinct?
Also..none of our other 5 children were turned into pancakes...
....so we're comfortable with it.
2. Aren't you scared he'll never go to his own bed?
Not at all, the transition has never been a problem in the past.
Usually I will nurse my babies right before they fall asleep....
so instead of laying them down into our bed when they fall asleep,
I lay them into their crib. It's always been very easy!
3. How do you and Jeff have..you know, "adult time"?
The same way we always have.
There was a short period of time back in December when Frankie's radar was on high alert...
..but, where there's a will, there's a way! We make it happen!
You learn to be creative..which can also be even more fun at times.
4. Don't you want your bedroom to be your sanctuary...No kids allowed?
Please! He's a baby. Do you really think he's going to know limits like that?
All of our kids know not to walk into our bedroom without knocking..
They never go into our room unless it's to talk to us when we're in there.
They all know and respect that it's Jeff's and my room....
...and they all slept in our bed.
I know sleeping together with baby isn't for everyone...but it really works for us. We love it.
If you're interested in reading some of the great benefits of "sleep sharing",
this is a great place to start.