Thursday, January 26, 2017

We do school at home...Winter Benefits.

Homeschooling #8
Winter Benefits...let me count the ways.


Just thought I'd share a few things I love about homeschooling during the winter months.

1. We don't have to leave the house if we don't want to!
Snow...sleet...ice...wind. We get to stay home.

2.  My kids can sleep in.
During the months where everyone in the northern hemisphere is sick with something,
it's nice to let them sleep. I believe sleep is the best medicine. {learned that from my mom}

3. We can bake all day if we want to. Have a big pancake breakfast.
Eat good food.  ...and best of all.....I don't have to pack lunches!

4. Going places during the winter months means slow times and less crowds...
...museums, movie theaters, the grocery store!

5.  It's easy to make appointments during the day when other kids are in school...
..the dentist, orthodontist, horse back riding lessons. Time slots are always available during the day.

6. Since we get our school done during the day, we don't have homework.
The evenings are free for reading, talking, games or even movie night.

7. If I get sick, I can take the day off and not worry about running kids around.

8. We do school in our dining room {even though we have an actual school room...don't ask}
and I usually teach while standing in front of the wood stove.  It's so warm...and relaxing.







It is a privilege to stay home and  also be able homeschool my kids.
It's something that's easy to take for granted and complain about at times....shame on me when I do!

But I am thankful and love what I do. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I am also thankful for a supportive husband who wants the same things that I do in life.

XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment