Thursday, June 29, 2017

That "Aha" moment pointed out by my dear husband....Duh! I can do this myself.


For the past couple of years, I have been drinking this fabulous black lavender tea
packaged in the cutest. little. skinny. glass. bottles.

There was only one grocery store on planet earth that carried it...
...and it was a tad bit expensive, but oh so good!

I didn't buy it often...it was one of those "treat yo self " kind of purchases.
Sometimes Jeff would surprise me with a bottle...if they were on sale I'd buy two! or three!
It was an eight ounce liquid delicacy.

Then one day...I went to buy a bottle and....the store stopped selling it!
Nooooo!!!!! .....I ran to my car sobbing uncontrollably.



Three things.

One.
I grow many herbs in my garden...including...Lavender.

Two.
I make my own flavored teas...I have for many years.
Strawberry Tea. Mint Tea. Lemon Balm Tea. Chamomile Tea.

{..are you putting two and two together here?}


Three.
Liz: I wish I could find that lavender tea again.
Jeff: You grow lavender. Why don't you make your own?

I married a genius!!!
Why did it take me so long to realize I could make my own lavender black tea?
That is a very good question to which I have no answer.




Bring to a boil five black tea bags.
Toss in two or three fresh lavender flowers.
Let steep for five minutes.

Strain and store in your own cute little glass bottle.
{I added some Stevia for a little sweetness}

Store in refrigerator and serve over ice.



XxOo

1 comment: