Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The public has spoken...and I listened.and I'm really happy now.



For quite sometime, I've felt like my porch looked like a 2003 subdivision house...
...even though our home was built in 1940.
Maybe because we added the railings in 2003 when every new home had our same rails?

It was nearly impossible to sit facing forward on the porch..there was no space.

You couldn't see anything either...like my antique church pew or
throw pillows or the corner pumpkin!

I also have a very low porch. No one is going to become a pancake if they fall off.

Back in the spring I asked Jeff if we could take them down...he said he would do it..
...but it was a change I was afraid to make. I couldn't commit!

Soooo.....
I took a poll on Instagram and "Take them down" won.
75% down. 25% leave them up.

The same evening, in the dark, with HUGE spiders lurking and lots of mosquitoes flying around..
...my dear husband removed the railings. What a guy.

I am so, SO happy with the decision we made.






When NOT to take down railings...
If you have an old Victorian House!!! Please don't..they're so fitting.
If you have a tall porch!
If you love them.



My sister stopped by with lunch and an apple, cinnamon, smells so good, fall candle.
My parents stopped by to drop off a daughter.
My little brother stopped by and brought me coffee.


Living close to family is really nice! Haha.
I love it...and not just because they bring things over. ;)

Also...I do believe this will be the last day my barefeet will comfortably
walk on our cobblestone porch.
{I think I said this last week when it was 85..Hmmm..}
Silly October weather.

XxOo

3 comments:

  1. Loving the Fall beauty in tbis post! Your home and open porch look lovely! I am flying out Oct 31st to see the fam and house hunt in Peoria,hoping the Fall leaves might still be there. My oldest son bought a 1940's house that is in escrow. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peak for colors this year are actually a bit later!!! So you will most definitely see come color! Although it will be the tail end of it. November is still quite beautiful around here. How exciting that you're house hunting!!! I'll pray you find something. ...and if you have extra time, let me know! I'd love to see you. However..I know how important and short family time is! ;)

      Delete
    2. I expect we will move out in the early spring, then we can visit! I do fly back via Chicago, but my layover is only an hour.

      Delete