Friday, December 9, 2016

3 things you should most definitely do this weekend, horse drawn sleighs, our favorite movies....and I'm wrapping up the week.


Frankie is next to me eating a piece of toast...he just sneezed all over my keyboard.
Ahhhh....life with a two year old. He gave me a buttery kiss...so it's all good.
I love two..it's adorable.


During the holiday season there are so many things Jeff and I want to do with our family,
but not enough time to fit it all in.

I found a solution a few years ago......prioritize and make a plan!
I wrote about it HERE.
It was a good reminder for me to read it again. Haha.

We need to be realistic with ourselves.
...because there just aren't enough days on the calendar to do every amazing project on Pinterest!

With only two weekends left until Christmas, life is going to get busy.
So I would encourage you to organize now... so you're not stressed later.

And...don't forget to Make time for FUN!

I though I'd share three fun ideas for the weekend. {or future winter weekends!}






1. Take an old fashioned sleigh ride out in the country!
I think this is SUCH a fun idea and a wonderful memory maker.

Make it a romantic date with your sweetheart or take the whole family.
There is a cozy lake house where you can satisfy your sweet tooth and warm up by the fire.
A small train wraps through the lake house....kids love it. {and adults too;) }

The gorgeous {and I mean gorgeous} ranch is located only about an hour northwest of Chicago.
They open this weekend for rides! Call now...they book up quickly.








2. Joy to the World at Moody Bible Church in Chicago is this Sunday!
I'm not sure if we will be able to make it this year...sniff, sniff...but you must if you can.
The music is beautiful and amazing and inspiring...and Moody Church is just gorgeous to be in.



3. Stay in your pajamas or comfy clothes, watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate or coffee.
We have a little snowstorm in the forecast for Saturday night. I hope it turns out bigger than the 3-5 inches they are calling for. Snow at this time is...well, perfect! {unless I'm driving..then it's not..Ha!}

Here are a couple of our favorites....

The Bishop's Wife

It Happened on 5th Avenue 

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

The Nativity Story

The Muppet Christmas Carol

...and of course..... Elf



So...
1. Book your Old Fashioned Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride.{or give it as a gift!}
2. Visit Moody Church.
3. Watch movies and drink coffee in your most comfiest of clothes.

HaPpY Weekend to you.
XxOo

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, you really make it sound lovely. Our plans are company Christmas dinner tomorrow ( close family friends that are Italian! So you know the food is fab ), and next week arriving family and grandbabies, as well as a romantic Christmas wedding of one of our beloved "daughters" in the faith.
    Our roving Medical school family is traveling from Georgia to Illinois and Michigan this week on interviews for residency. Sounds like they LOVED a place in Illinois, quite south of you all though, I think it is in Decatur. They are spending the weekend in Michigan with friends and we were warning them of all the snow. Merry Christmas to you and all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the movie suggestions! I checked them out yesterday, and I watched, "It Happened on 5th Avenue", for the first time ever... I loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete