Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Jeff thought someone died...shallow I know, but WOW! ..a hair lesson for you.


Now I know some of you are drastic hair changers...I am Not.
I like classic. I am more of a close-to-natural-person as possible.

Go ahead and laugh...Jeff did. A lot.
I have a very supportive husband. {Haha!...wink}

Sooooo......
My usual-love her-has been doing my hair forever- stylist couldn't get me in.
I took a risk. Called a well known, upscale salon I trust and made an appointment.

Two hours later I told the girl I wanted my roots touched up.
Maybe a couple of LIGHT BROWN highlights.

After a long, long, loooong{er} than usual hair session...
..she turned around my chair.

*Sunglasses on to cover up the puffiest, reddest eyes you've ever seen...
..and I totally touched up my blotchy skin..just so you know...*



I didn't know what to say. Didn't I tell her roots? highlights?
Don't I have natural curly hair?

"It's because you have other highlights..so it looks lighter than it is.."
It looks lighter than it is? AM I BLIND???
How does something look lighter than it is?

I was in a shock of sorts...I paid and left.
Once in my car I couldn't hold it together.
I couldn't go to the grocery store looking like this.
I couldn't go anywhere!!!..I couldn't STOP CRYING!!!

Jeff called. He asked me who died.
He couldn't understand me..I was pretty high pitch with lots of tears.
"Bar Fly!" ...that's what I able to get out...
..he laughed..he didn't believe it was that bad.

"Holy Cow! It looks worse than the picture you sent...." Face Time quote.

Fifteen minutes later with smeared mascara {fitting for a bar fly}...
..I went back. I told the girl I hated it. I told her it wasn't what I asked for.
Three ladies helped "fix" my super fried hair.

It's still recovering...but at least the color is okay.

The original girl told me she would style it for me.
"No, no, Noooooo!...I am going home with wet hair."

Once home I realized the damage, the frizz..
and do you notice anything in the picture below?

Thankfully when you have naturally curly hair, an inch or so off isn't as noticeable.
{Biggest eye roll you can imagine}


It's in the "growing out" phase now...
...and I've been doing some at home treatments to heal the destruction.
There is some improvement.


Hair Lessons to Learn...

Have patience if your stylist can't get you in for a couple of weeks.
She's busy!..that means she's good! {wink}

Don't go to someone who tells you halfway through
the process she graduated hair school three months ago.
{Hmm...how does one know?}

Don't go to someone who tells you halfway through
the process her aunt won't let her touch her hair.
{huge eyes...again..hmmm....}

XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment