Monday, August 21, 2017

Dear kids, We're fragile right now, please go easy on us.


Dear Kids,
    Your father and I have just returned from a weekend together in the city.
Just the two of us. It was so very wonderful.

Because of the weekend alone...we are very fragile and very sensitive right now.

I am not in the right frame of mind to be thrust into motherhood
as I am just coming out of a state of bliss.

I need to be eased gently into my usual role.
I have written about the "re-entry"  in the past, and today we are feeling it big time.

.....my missing creamer pot for my morning coffee at 6:30am? Where'd that go?
...my missing face moisturizer? It was here Friday morning when I washed my face.
.....why does my bath towel smell like cologne and why is it on the wrong hook?
You know what, I don't even want to know.
...my winter symphony schedule used as a fly swatter? It's covered in squished bugs and guts.
What was wrong with the fly swatter in the basement?

These things are the things I cannot handle.

Our minds are processing...switching gears.
We are adjusting from a world of interrupt-less conversation, two party decision making,
incredible food choices, no fear of walk-ins and covers are optional....
...into a morning of a new work week and a household to be run.

The transition can be tough when you've had an alone weekend as husband and wife.

One day, when you meet that right person, marry and have children,
you will see exactly what I'm talking about. {smile}

We love you guys with all our hearts! We wouldn't change our lives for anything in the world.
I love being a mom and taking care of my family...I just need a little time.

....it's kind of like waking up from surgery.
You need a few hours to come out of the anesthesia fog.
We're coming out of the fog.




We ask that you please go easy on us.

Happy Monday world.
XxOo

2 comments:

  1. So great!!!❤️ Happy Re-Entry day!!!!! 😊😬🙈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why even bother going on a husband and wife weekend away?... It sounds more brutal coming back to "life"! Might as well stayed dead to the alternate reality ;) Glad you all enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete